Customize just about anything in your print management using scripts to implement complex workflows, rule-based actions, email alerts, customised data handling and much more.
Sentinel's open scripting platform allows rule-based printing, highly specialized features or customisations to be rapidly developed, without the need to wait for the next release cycle for your custom feature to be included. Scripts may even be created in-house by customers wishing to keep their secure workflows or policies under wraps.
Scripting is able to be used in Sentinel in order to meet specific compliance requirements or to implement a variety of rules, policies or particular features.
This is accomplished by writing scripts in a powerful, fast, lightweight, embeddable scripting language. Using scripts, specific rules may be defined which run on top of the standard Sentinel functionality. Scripts may be set to run after a certain event or trigger takes place.
Some examples of such triggers include:
- When a user submits a job
- When a user swipes an ID card at a printer
- When a new user is added to the system
- When a print job is released
- When a copy or scan process starts
The events that these triggers would start running might be to ensure duplex printing for certain groups of people, optimise toner usage except for certain document titles etc.
Below are examples of additional operations which can be performed by Sentinel using scripts:
Specific handling of the print job, when it’s released for print, such as:
- Saving the job file to a previously defined folder
- Adding a barcode, QR code, or another unique identifier
- Adding a name and timestamp on the long edge
- Adding a watermark or preconfigured form template
Perform actions triggered by the printing event:
- Send a notification by email to the user, or to a group
- Activate system command lines
- Complex handling of read input collected by varying card readers and automatically adjusting inputs to match the organization’s AD (Active Directory) values.
These are just some of the basic functions that have been created for Sentinel customers, however, any number of highly specialized features can potentially be developed, with short turnaround times.
Got a specific feature requirement? Please don’t hesitate to contact the ePaper team for a proposal.