Enterprise print management software can significantly reduce printing costs in larger organizations, regardless of structure.
Sentinel print management software can be effectively used, not only in typical office installations, but also in multi-site or multibranch printing environments. Possible implementations include trafficless, serverless, private cloud printing, and many other possible options, with any level of customization, numbers of print servers, highest security levels and any printers or MFDs used regardless of make or model.
Most solutions are costly, limited in features, or too inconvenient for users and the system administrator. Some sources (ref. Waste Watch www.wastewatch.org.uk) estimate that this waste may be costing companies as much as 4.5% of their turnover! Worse, sensitive material may be left unsupervised at a printer, allowing anyone to retrieve it.
Improve efficiency and lower costs of printing with Sentinel print management software.
An effective print strategy can significantly reduce costs, for any organisation - but for larger enterprises, even seemingly small savings can be amplified when implemented across all buildings, branches or locations.
Larger enterprises are increasingly turning to MPS services, both fully outsourced and hybrid, to gain significant and valuable advantages in terms of of:
- Improving security
- Ensuring that costs are controlled and predictable
- Reducing the IT support burden
- Reducing consumable usage (paper and toner)
- Reducing hardware costs through greater efficiency
- Decreasing energy usage, and environmental impact
Businesses with global branches will also benefit hugely from a fully centralised print control interface, with universal policies - and importantly, a universal end-user experience. Improved productivity for end users means improved service delivery across the board.
A single point of control over your entire print infrastructure also allows for in-depth reporting insights, enabling better-informed decision making as regards print hardware strategy. Leveraging the power of these reports will enable effective negotiations with hardware and consumable suppliers when it comes time to put out tenders or renew contracts. Implementing a managed print solution also allows the leveraging of economies of scale to bring costs down significantly.
Some of the more detailed advantages for larger corporates are listed below:
- Printers are used more efficiently, therefore fewer printers are needed
- Wastage of consumables is significantly reduced
- Improved security means private printers are no longer required for individuals in management
- Highly customisable reporting tools enable advanced cost analysis
- Database integrations allow for reporting systems to include relevant data form third party sources
- Live centralised monitoring and alerts ensures problems are proactively resolved company-wide
- Built in scalability means disparate global branches use standardised systems and procedures for printing, scanning and copying
- Sentinel's Islands feature allows for granular control of organisational units to internalise and separate individual group, location or department-based administration, thereby allowing for effective control and oversight - even in unusually large implementations
- Track all usage and implement quotas by user, group, or locations
- IT support burden is significantly reduced due to fewer printers, standardised end-user experience, end user self-service options and an improvement in administration and reliability. IT staff are able to shift their focus to higher-value activities.
- Lower total cost of ownership
Example of successfull implementation of Sentinel managed print software in enterprise enviroment:
A large insurance business with a requirement for highly standardized printouts across many thousands of printing devices at agent locations.
3 large office buildings worldwide
40,000 agents and brokers located in disparate locations
600 total across main offices (all external controllers)
Besides secure pull printing at main branches through the use of Sentinel external print release controllers, thousands of agents and brokers use their own printers, leading to a huge array of different makes and models. Despite this disparity in hardware, it is critical that documents such as quotes, invoices and proposals always follow the correct formatting templates.
The solution is a centralised Sentinel installation at a data centre, and the Sentinel AP Client software installed on each device which is required to print the correct forms and templates. The AP Client software then communicates and authenticates with the central Sentinel server over the internet, in order to receive and process complex print jobs to exacting format standards, despite a huge variety of printer models and drivers being used.
In this case, the Sentinel implementation has ensured that agents, brokers and customers always receive printed documentation with the correct data and branding of a universally high standard.