Sentinel Benefits – Legal Profession
Sentinel managed print software includes features which are of great benefit to businesses and organisations in the legal field. Sentinel comes with security features trusted by the military, ensuring that confidential documentation is always protected. But Sentinel does a lot more besides securing printouts and scans.
The availability of reports on all relevant data relating to work done per customer account is critical to ensure that billing is tracked effectively.
Some of the ways in which Sentinel can improve print, scan and copy strategies for law firms are listed below.
In legal working environments, large documents often require printing. To save the valuable time of senior staff members or partners, Sentinel allows for delegated users to release print jobs – this allows secretaries or paralegals to collect large print jobs on behalf of senior people.
- Sentinel is available with a client billing module, and rule-based policies may be set to ensure that no document is printed or copied without a relevant billing code being assigned.
- These rules ensure that staff are prompted to enter a customer code before they can proceed with a printing or copying task. All jobs submitted with a billing code are tabulated automatically in Sentinels customisable reporting interface.
- At the end of each month, or on demand, reports may be drawn which contain accurate billing figures for each individual customer account.
- Reporting may be automated, so that billing statements are sent directly to the accounts department without any intervention required.
Scanning and document management
The large quantities of documentation which require scanning in legal environments can create headaches for administrative staff. Sentinel makes scanning secure, easy and efficient.
- The scanning procedure is the same across the organisation, regardless of make or model of scanning device.
- Users need to enter a PIN code (or swipe an RFID card) at the scanning device – they are then given a choice of print, scan or copy. After selecting scan, by default all documents are automatically sent to the person’s email address – this prevents any possibility of them being sent to the wrong address by mistake.
- Scanned documents may also be automatically sent to shared folders, SharePoint, or any other location on the network.
- For more advanced workflows, scanned documents may have copies archived automatically, or synchronised with Document Management Systems (DMS).
- Rules and policies may be scripted for very specific behaviours to be automated with regard to such workflows.